Tuesday 3 June 2014

Earl Grey Chocolate cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

Today as I was walking out to get lunch, the rain suddenly came down.
So heavily. I have no choice but to grab something below my office food court. 

And it's not really nice.
Not that it matters you know. 
Not that I wanna mention.
Not that it has to be the top of this post.

Anyway.

This post won't be having a recipe as it isn't improvise yet..

Just..... Photos. 




The lady who requested this actually asked me for a long time but I didn't have the time to do it. 
I'm always afraid of doing piping because my piping skills really sucks.


And the reason I didn't post a recipe for this is because my cake taste weird. 
I don't know, just weird. But if you like to try the cake you may refer to shutterbean blog.

Her photos are so beautiful.


It's my bad actually, It's not the recipe giver's fault.
I might have over fold my batter. It taste dense. 





But those who have tried, a few said that it's quite good. 
But I still feel the need to improvise. 


And of cause, brush up on my piping skills.
But on a happier note, this is my first time piping roses on a whole cake!

OH YAY!



I'm just trying to praise myself. 



For the roses, I am using SMBC and I used colour gel to achieve the type of colours I want.
I just did a crumb coat for the cake and later on pipe on the roses. 

PHEW.



Thank you for viewing and I hope you have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment