Friday 2 May 2014

Bacon & Cheese Quick Bread.

It's Friday. 
TGIF!


My mind keeps on floating with cakes. 

And cookies.

And cheesecake. 


I need to stop them. Or never. 


Who on earth will get sick of all these? Or is it just me?
Ever since I started baking, my mind is overwhelmed by all these sweet stuffs everyday. 



ANYWAY.


About this bread.


It's with BEER.

AND BREAD. 
And it's QUICK BREAD. 

Obviously I have not tried it before when I look at the recipe. 


Curiosity kills the cat and I just tried it.
I still remember I'm down with stomach problem that day. 


It smells heavenly.
I'm a sucker at liquors and beer. 

So I feel like I'm flying after the first piece.

JUST KIDDING.
Maybe I'm hallucinating.





Bacon Cheddar & Beer Quick Bread. 

Ingredients:

8 slices bacon, chopped into bite size and fried. (reserve the bacon grease!)
3 cups - 375grams all purpose flour
1/4 cup - 50grams granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ounces - 56 grams gyuere cheese, shredded
2 ounces - 56grams cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can - 330ml beer (I use tiger beer)
4 tablespoon - 56grams unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoon reserved bacon grease

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F/180C
Grease a loaf 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside. 
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
With a wooden or a spatula, stir in the bacon and cheese until evenly distributed. 
Add the beer and 2 tablespoon of melted butter and stir again until the batter is evenly moist. 
Pour the remaining butter into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
Spoon the batter on top. The batter will look slightly dry but do not worry, it's fine. 
Drizzle bacon grease evenly over the batter. 
Place batter in oven to bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.


Notes: 
Leftovers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in room temperature for up to 3 days.









No comments:

Post a Comment