Monday 24 March 2014

Wholemeal Breakfast Scones.

How are you? Are you fine?

I am fine. Thank you.

I am blabbering nonsense anyway. I know nobody would read this part.

I've been trying to do a video on my baking, but 

1. I am the only one doing all the stuffs
2. Nobody can help me shoot when I am handling the ingredients.
3. I really have no extra hands
4. I still haven't got really learned how to do that

I might as well just type the last sentence to end all of the above right??

But no, I still want to type. 

I have one very stupid wish. Actually two. Actually alot alot. 
I can't name them cause it's real stupid. 

Ok let's get back to here. 


I love scones. 
Plain and simple, but it's a good breakfast.
Pair it with your favourite jam. Or whatever, really.



Wholemeal Breakfast Scones
Makes about 8 scones.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (150grams) cake flour (or you can make your own
1/2 cup (50grams) wholemeal flour 
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
50 grams unsalted butter, cold 
1 egg, lightly beaten
5 tablespoon (80grams) plain yogurt 

Milk for brushing the scone

Method:

Sift together cake flour and baking powder.
In a large bowl, combine wholemeal flour, sugar and salt.
Add in cake flour mixture and combine.
Add butter into flour mixture.
Using your fingertips, rub the cold butter with the flour until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
If you feel that the butter is melting away, put in the freezer to rest for about 10 minutes before continuing.
Make a well in the centre, add in the beaten egg and plain yogurt. 
Stir the mixture together using a wooden spoon or spatula. 
(The mixture will be very lumpy and wet)
Place the mixture on a floured surface and give it a FEW LIGHT KNEAD
(** The reason I bold this is because you do not want to knead too long because your scones will turn out hard and chewy and you do not want that)
Mix until the dough comes together. 
Place the dough into a wrap and keep it chill in the fridge for about 30 to 45 minutes. 
Dust your hand and work surface with a little bit flour and take the dough out of the fridge.
Roll out the dough to one inch thick and cut out the dough with lightly floured 2.5 inch biscuit cutter.
Dip the cutter into flour after each cut.
Gather all scraps and repeat until dough is used up.
Place the scones on baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush the top with some milk.
Bake at preheated oven of 205 degrees C/400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are well risen or golden brown. 
Do not over bake. 
Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
These scones are best served warm.







No comments:

Post a Comment