Cheddar and Gyuere cheese scones.
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g/2oz butter
- 25g/1oz caster sugar
- 150ml/5fl oz milk
- 1 free-range egg, beaten, to glaze (alternatively use a little milk)
- 30grams of shredded Gyuere cheese
- 30grams shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 220C. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Add in shredded Gyuere and cheddar cheese.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
Have fun baking!