Thursday 13 September 2018

Avocado Brownies

Went for check up recently.. Results came back and some reports of my health showing red light.. 


xb was reminding me food to avoid and to consume less. I think moderation is still the key. Right?



Anyway, this was did quite some time back. 
I really love these Avocado Brownies. Thick, gooey, and with chocolate chips.


Who doesn't love a good O' brownie? :)




Here, I'm using Masarang Arenga Forest Sugar instead of the orginal recipe that requires granulated sugar. My mum brought this home thus I decided to replace with normal sugar. 

This product is low in Glycemic Index and is Organic. Also have a caramel taste. 
When I open up the package, It have a nice smell.


Recipe

Avocado Brownies

2 avocados (medium, ripe, skin and pit removed, halve the avocado and scoop out with a spoon)
118g pure maple syrup
50 grams granulated sugar (I use Masarang Arenga Forest Sugar)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
60 grams whole wheat flour 
43 grams unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt (or pinch of sea salt)
84 grams chocolate chips (semi-sweet, or cacao nibs)


Preheat oven to 180 degrees and and lay a 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a stand mixer add the avocado, maple syrup, and sugar. Mix well. (Here, you can actually use a food processor to do this because the Avocado can process better but I did not use this. I use a stand mixer instead)
Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well so that all of the ingredients are blended together. Make sure to scrape the sides properly.
Gently add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa and mix well.
Mix well with low speed and turn off mixer. Stir in the chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula.
Spread the batter into the pan evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. (I only use 20 minutes)
Test the middle of the batter with a knife or toothpick to make sure nothing sticks.
Remove from heat and let cool before cutting into squares.


Brownies can be frozen and kept for up to 1 month. 
Reheat in microwave for about 15 seconds to consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment