Wednesday 8 August 2018

Purple Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls


Ok. I love sweet potato. I really love them. 
So when I found this recipe, I know I had to do it.





Logical right?




Soft and fluffy. sweet and good.
Anyway, this was a overdue post. I made these like 3 weeks ago but because I lost my memory card, I can't upload my photos.




Been playing around with my Camera nowadays. It's been hiding in the dry cabinet for too long.










Purple Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls


400g bread flour
230g Japanese sweet potato (peeled, steamed and mashed)
40g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp instant active yeast
160ml fresh milk
60g butter

Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
35g brown sugar
50g butter

Icing (heat for one or two minutes)
3 tbsp icing sugar
10 gm butter
100 ml water
Pinch of salt

METHOD:

Place all ingredients for Sweet Potato Rolls in the bowl of the stand mixer and knead until it had come together and become elastic. My Kenwood mixer takes about 10 to 12 minutes. If you are using hand knead, it should take longer.
Cover and set aside to rise for 45 to 60 minutes or until double in size. 


Punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. 
Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. 
Starting from the widest end, roll the dough into a log. Pinch to seal seams. Cut the dough into 1.5 inch sections with a string of floss. 
Place rolls in a greased/lined 14 X 10.5 inc square baking pan.
Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. 
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180 degrees C. 
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove rolls from oven and brush frosting over hot rolls.




Found this photos in my camera. The eyes are so cute right!
This was done for xb's sister birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment