Sunday 4 May 2014

Green Tea Cream Cheese Brownies.

Hi. How is everyone? Baked anything during the weekends?



As my last post, I mentioned that my mind is filled with all the cheesecake & cakes stuffs.


I let the sweet devil succumb over me and I made these babies. 
Sweet evil little babies.
Sometimes I wonder how sweet devil looks like. 
Oh dear, I don't want to know.  


I just grew a pound by sniffing them.
SIGH.

Warning**
These are definitely not healthy at all. Not gluten free nor sugar free.






If you can see my post, you will notice that I seldom make brownies. 
I'm not really a big fan of brownies and I seldom eat them. 



But I just brought two blocks of cream cheese and I still have quite a lot of green tea powder, hence I decided to make some cream cheese brownies.
Luckily they didn't disappoint me.

These are fudgy and delicious. Every bite is filled with cream cheese in the mouth.

Thank GOD.


I added one more teaspoon of green tea powder to my cream cheese batter because I thought that the green tea wasn't strong enough for me. 
These brownies are not too sweet. Just nice for me.



Green Tea Cream Cheese Brownies
Yields | 8 inch square pan.


Ingredients:

Green tea cream cheese batter

3/4 cup - 170grams cream cheese
2 1/2 teaspoons - 35grams granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plain flour 
1 egg
2 tablespoon whipping cream
2 teaspoon green tea powder


 Brownie Batter

1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon - 70grams all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon - 130grams unsalted butter
7 oz - 200grams dark chocolate, chopped (60-70%)
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon - 175grams granulated sugar
3 eggs


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.

Prepare the cream cheese batter first:

Beat the cream cheese and granulated until smooth. 
**You may use a hand whisk or a electric whisk to do so. Whisk for about 3 to 4 minutes for electric whisk. Hand whisk might take longer.
Add in whipping and egg, beat to combine. 
Sieve the green tea powder into the cream cheese batter and stir until smooth.
Add flour and stir till combine. Set aside. 



Brownie Batter:

Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water not touching the base until the chocolate mixture has fully melted. 
Alternatively you may melt the chocolate mixture in the microwave in 30 seconds interval until the chocolate mixture has fully melted. 
Pour the sugar and salt into melted chocolate and stir to combine. Leave aside for about 5 minutes. 
Beat the eggs together and pour into the chocolate batter. Stir well. 
Sieve the flour and baking powder together into the bowl and stir again. Mix well, stir until smooth.
Pour brownies batter into prepared pan. 
Scoop the cream cheese batter on top of the brownie batter and make swirl using a bamboo stick or chopstick to create marble effect. 
Bake brownies for 40 to 45 minutes. 



Generously adapted from here






















No comments:

Post a Comment